At Proyector we are looking for a curatorial coordinator to join our team! We are looking for someone interested in architecture and the arts, and motivated to contribute to the project. The Curatorial Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director and Research Director in the development of Proyector's annual program projects and activities. He/she will coordinate day-to-day gallery operations, project execution and a team of 6 assistants (curatorial, communications and events). We are looking for someone with experience in cultural management, project coordination, and/or installation of art, design or architecture exhibitions, who is highly organized, pro-active, independent, a good team player and enthusiastic.
Proyector is a curatorial platform based in Mexico City, dedicated to promoting emerging voices in contemporary architectural research. Proyector is committed to fostering new strategies and critical, theoretical and historical tools on spatial issues. During the three seasons of the annual program, researchers (and research groups) are invited to work together with the curatorial team of Proyector in a collaborative manner, seeking the projection of their research in multiple formats: exhibitions, publications, workshops, performances, talks, seminars, among others.
Proyector is located in the Colonia Industrial, a neighborhood located in the center-north of Mexico City as a result of modern expansions driven by the progress of the national industry, seeking to re-establish old spatial and historical relations with the center, in the midst of a new and growing cultural context. Proyector seeks to promote the decentralization of the cultural scene promoting a discourse of integration between different practices, themes, interests, languages and formats around architecture, promoting the necessary ideas’ exchange between the various areas in the city and its recognition.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Works in direct communication with the executive director and research director.
- Coordinates the execution of plans, agendas and projects defined by the directors.
- Assists directors in the overall coordination and execution of exhibitions, public program (contact with researchers, editors and artists, calendar, installation and suppliers).
- Coordinates and works with assistants (curatorial, communications and events). Team of 6 people.
- Reviews and structures communication plan in conjunction with communications assistant. Web page, networks, newsletter and media.
- Manages and handles accounting of projects and sales.
- Assists directors in grants and funding applications.
- Coordinates events and collaborations in the space in conjunction with events assistant.
- Part Time
- Occasional availability for:
- Weekend events and openings.
- Extra days of set-up and installations
- Experience in cultural management, project coordination, and/or exhibition installation.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Design, Art, Management or other related areas.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written).
- Adobe Suite (InDesign and Illustrator mainly)
- Google (Drive, Calendar, Gmail)
It's a plus*.
- Adobe Premier and Bridge
- AutoCad and SketchUp
- Salary according to experience
- Send your CV to email@example.com by April 30th with the subject "CURATORIAL COORDINATOR".
WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU!